Monday, November 14, 2005

24 hours




This week I slept over at my friend Eli's house, along with my friend Rolando. I had to go to school the next morning because I go to a private school, and they go to public schools so, we have holidays on differents days. So the plan was that my mom would come at about 7:45 and she would pick me up and take me to school. We all decided that at 11:30, would we would go to sleep-well, we didn't really, Julie (Eli's mom) did. We started to watch the movie Napoleon Dynamite, which is probably one of the single greatest comedies on the planet, when Bill (Eli's dad) said we had to go to sleep. We looked at the clocks and saw it was only 10;30!!!! We got really mad and decided to seek revenge. We got up after they said good night and they had tucked us all in and we started to play "Call Of Duty", one of Eli's video games in which you can either be a Russian, British, or American veteran in the middle of the second World War. We had planned to go to sleep at 12:00, a little later than when Bill and Julie had said, but not too much later. After about the 8th level we looked at the clock and saw that it wasn't 12:00 but it was 2:30!! We were really shocked, and got ready for bed... But, then we thought we were having so much fun that we would stay up. But then we looked at the clock again, in what seemed like minutes, and saw that it was now 7:00!!!!! We got up to see Bill and Julie preparing their famous, "Chocolate Pancakes", "Coffee Cake", and their famous "Blueberry Muffins". Bill asked if we got any sleep, but unfortunately we didn't know he was joking and said no, instantly setting off the alarm. Julie went ballistic with the "JACK!! You have school tomorrow!!"and " ROLANDO!! What is your mother going to say about this!!???" and finally "ELI!! How could you do this you knew Jack had school tomorrow!!". We all looked at each other and slowly exited the room, leaving Julie to scream at Bill. We ate our pancakes quickly and quietly, and we all went back into Eli's room. Finally the time came when I had to leave, and go to school. That was the first time I had ever stayed up for 24 hours.That was also the first time I was actually glad to leave my friend's house to go to school. The photo to the right is of me and
Rolando and the one to the left is of Eli.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Emily B said...

Oh, Jack, I remember sleep-overs with my friends (I'm a bit old now). Sounds like you had an ace time!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Danny Gregory said...

Jack:
Go to bed!
Dad

5:58 AM  
Blogger Sharelle said...

hey dude, your blog is awesome. I even wrote a post about you over on my blog. Keep it up.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Raquel said...

You are supposed to say no, but shake your head yes. This confuses them for a while. Then if they question you further, you can shake your head yes and say no. That way you are only partly lying. By the time they figure out what really happened, it will be time for you to leave and you could possibly avoid any uprising. Maybe I shouldn't be telling you this. But it worked once for me!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice dog movie.
-max's sister
p.s did u knwo that by 1878 penguins in maine were almost extninct, but by 1990 their populaiton was restored.
p.p.s stay in school.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

i didnt know that and thanx for the advice! Im happy you liked the movie and I will try to post more.
PS you should too

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm a parent of older teens. This is pretty funny now in hind site. The consequences of staying up late and going to school have thier own built in negative consequences. I'm sure that was a really long day! But boy did you have fun!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 24hrs sound like good fun. I think you and your friends should see how long you can stay up without ever going to sleep - preferably when you have exams or something.

kinny

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't expect to be invited back there anytime soon.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and, if they let you back, don't expect any pancakes, muffins or coffee cake.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

im only kidding! I would never do that again.... Julie!!!! Eli told us to do everything aand he came up with the idea.....

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home