Sunday, November 06, 2005

Vincent Drawing






This Friday I had a Parent-Teacher conference. A time where at the end of each school quarter we all go with our parents to the school and talk to the teachers about our grades and how we're doing with our work and participation in class. Well, we went to it and then we had lunch at "Johnny Rockets" on 8th street. But, then after all that happened my dad and I grabbed our drawing books and rushed off to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, to see for the first time Vincent Van Gogh's drawings shown to the public. We drew a couple things based on the people there looking at his work, and some drawings based on the paintings he made. I have a couple of drawings above (not very good but...) mainly based on the people there and the statues outside the exhibit. The interesting things about my drawings is that most of the ones that are actually good are done in pencil. I can never think of anything when I use pen. And then all of my other stuff looks like total crap because of how good they are compared to the other stuff. I hope you keep on coming just as much as you go to my dad's blog-Jack

9 Comments:

Anonymous Danny said...

Jack:
you didn't mention in your post about teacher conference how amazing your teachers think you are and how well you are doing even though you're in a brand new school. I'm proud of you even if your drawings are scary.
The Vincent Van Gogh show was very cool but I think you are better at drawing skull men surrounded by flames and scrawny dudes with guns.
Dad

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Pinky said...

Hi Jack,
How embarrassing to be your mom every day and not even have known that pen blocks your magination- What else do i not know about my one and only son??????

Anyway, your writing is very prof and I'm impressed, even if your teachers did say you were a loser that'll never amount to much! I Love You!

8:31 AM  
Blogger bdelpesco said...

Jack, Tell us about the babe in the strapless dress with the bead necklace. She's wonderful. I want a rubber stamp of her to put on my mail. I saw her as soon as I opened your blog, and wondered who she was, and what her name was.... what's her story?
Keep drawing.
Belinda

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

Jack, I think you're a very good artist. You're a lucky guy, 'cause your Dad's an artist (and maybe your Mom is, too, I don't know)...but you're getting exposed to art at a young age...and when you're my age you'll understand how very important that is. I work at a school (a junior high). One of my jobs is to enroll new students...and because we live in a university town, we get new kids from all over. This year I enrolled kids from Germany and England and Africa and Korea and Taiwan and Brazil and Israel. It sounds like you're doing really well in your new school. What grade are you in? What's your favorite subject this year?

12:00 PM  
Anonymous morgan said...

hey jack!! i LOVE your new blog. this is the first time i've seen it and it's on my favorites list.your lady drawing looks like sketches from that french toulouse laurtrec guy(i definitely spelled that wrong)he had a few weird drawings of circus stuff. keep it up!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous crissy said...

the pencil/pen thing... yes, i can understand. pen's can be so... permanent! but what about an erasable pen?! maybe that would trick your mind into thinking you were using a pencil.

5:55 PM  
Blogger natascha said...

The pen thing...yes...I understand..I draw first with pencil...the pen is so...strong... Your miss with the necklace is so great!1 I love the expression of his face! (Oh!! and Jack...sorry if I write not very good in english because is not my language....but I try!!!)

3:38 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Well the reason that I cant use a erasable pen is because they dont really erase. they usually just make blue marks when you try to erase.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Jack, Love the drawings. And I wanted to tell you that I think blogging is like gardening. Takes time to cultivate a readership. I also like to draw in pencil. Makes me feel loose and free.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home